David G wrote:
[...]
> I haven't been able to Google any answers to why GWT does this or what
> would happen if I removed the jars from the deployment, so was
> wondering if anyone had an answer to why the war keeps including all
> these library jar files, if there is a simple ant script to remove
> them from future war files and if I will face any problems with
> deployment later on by doing this?

It doesn't do that for me. How are you telling GWT about the client
libraries?

What I do is to put the client jars in /lib in my project and then add
them to the build path. Everything builds happily and they're not copied
to the war directory. The only jars I put in war/WEB-INF/lib are the
ones that the server is going to use. I've never seen GWT copy stuff
automatically.

Note, though, that if you call any function in your client jars *from
the server*, then the server will need to access them. I don't know what
happens in this case --- it's never come up for me. It's conceivable
that this is what's happening with you, and GWT is copying them because
it thinks they're needed.

│
│ "They laughed at Newton. They laughed at Einstein. Of course, they
│ also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --- Carl Sagan