Given that the other apps which you are communicating with are out of your
control, and that the issue you are experiencing is during
development/testing your best route may be to mock up test servers that
replicate the interfaces you are integrating with. These mocks would not
only be able to pass the gwt.hosted params back to your app (thus
maintaining your debugging state), they could also be constructed such that
they facilitate some amount of automated testing.
Once developed and tested, you'll drop the gwt.hosted param and re-point
your app to the live servers that you are integrating with.

- Chris