yes, this would eliminate the unification-step

but some of the problems of integrating an external editor
(like my example of using TinyMce) will remain:
 * not the native GXT look and feel
   e.g. changing the GXT theme will not change the editors look
 * integrating an editor to work nicely with GXT-Form-Layouts
   is tricky and sometimes the layout is completely messed up
 * the communication between GXT-Form-Fields needs do be done

I guess most of these problems can be solved (or worked around)
if you dig deep enough into GXT

however, it is of course a nice alternative for anyone who is
using plain GWT