That's how we did it originally, but then we created a separate GWT
project (well, actually it's just a JAR project) that defines all our
types that are common over the RPC interfaces. We reference that
project in both the server and client projects, and the JAR gets
pulled into the client side and GWT happily generates JS code from it.
We now also use it for some 'shared' client-side classes as well so
it's effectively just a library project.

  DaveS.