Thanks to all for your suggestions.

As my application needs to be deployed in google app engine, I doubt whether
I can move those classes from server to client. I use JDO to persist objects
to the GAE data store. The class is a simple class and I have mentioned it
below,

@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.DATASTORE)
public class PhotoSetStore {
@PrimaryKey
@Persistent
private String setid;

@Persistent
private String title;

@Persistent
private String description;

@Persistent
private String primaryPhotoURL;

public PhotoSetStore(String id, String title, String descString,
String photoURL) {
setSetID(id);
setTitle(title);
setDescrption(descString);
setPrimaryPhotoURL(photoURL);

Dave, it looks simple approach to have a (java) project to have common
classes defined. I need few clarifications, do you have seperate projects
for GWT client code and server code? If not, how did you added the common
.jar file to the client code?

Also, I didnt quiet get how the common .jar file is different from the class
existing in a server package of same GWt project!

-Sanjith