2009/11/30 Miguel Méndez <mmen...@google.com>

> The following line in the log makes me thing that JDT failed to load:
>
> The activator org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.JavaPlugin for bundle
> org.eclipse.jdt.ui is invalid
>

> Searching the different groups it sounds like other people have run into a
> similar problem with other plugins.  Here is a link to what I found:
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=234102&S=1c71d503cef7c45929b35583ab8ff807
> .
>
> I wonder if this is what you are seeing something similar?

Yes, it's similar. However, from that thread it sounds like the failure
happens at every Eclipse load. That's not happening to me. From what I
glean, the suggested fix relates to the jdt.core version. Here is what my
startup log shows:
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core, Version: 3.5.1.v_972_R35x
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation, Version: 1.3.0.v20090603
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation.source, Version: 1.3.0.v20090603
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core.source, Version: 3.5.1.v_972_R35x
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core, Version: 3.5.1.v_972_R35x, Location:
reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.5.1.v_972_R35x.jar
Id: org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation, Version: 1.3.0.v20090603, Location:
reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation_1.3.0.v20090603.jar

> Are you still in this state?

It happens "every so often". The main stimulant seems to be switching the X
server to Windows from Linux and vice versa. It doesn't happen every time.

>  If so, could you try
> deleting the
> .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/variablesAndContainers.dat
> when this problem happens.

Yes. I'll try it.

> It looks like JDT fails to load if that file is corrupted.
>
> Also, what platform are you running on?

The X client is always Debian Linux Testing/Unstable. The X server varies
between Windows 2K, and Debian Linux Testing/Unstable. However, I don't
track the Debian Eclipse package. I custom install Eclipse; which is version
3.5