Classical web development urges me to have a multiple personalities.
That is an disease
I have to deals with
- HTML
- CSS
- JavaScript
- Server-Side calls via AjAx
- Server side implementation in Java or other language
- and references from one to the other

Thatfor GWT was good to reduce the number of languages.
Everything is Java, CSS could be considered as a designer job making
an other scheme.
No application (=behaviour,functionality) developer should need to
create a CSS

Now UiBinder comes up with a further XML, and mixing up CSS, HTML and
GWT code.
Somehow I feel be back at the beginning of webdevelopment, and I feel
ill ;-).

The advantage of declarative programming could be reached in Java in a
much better way.
Look at the following code, it is pure Java and much more declarative
then UiBinder.
It has very less code and is in the end much more flexible since code
could add any rule you like.

new DialogCreator()
        .add(localization.account(), account, 100, DialogCreator.lines
(1)).newLine()
        .add(localization.password(), password, 100, DialogCreator.lines
(1)).newLine()
        .add(localization.session(), session, 100, DialogCreator.lines
(1)).newLine()
        .button(ok)
        .button(cancel)

If you don't like parameters per position, ok, change it to:

new DialogCreator()
        .add(new DialogItem()
                .label(localization.account())
                .item(account)
                .width(100)
                .height(DialogCreator.lines(1))
        )
.newLine().....

What could be done in UiBuilder better/more readable than in java?
What are your thoughts?

Stefan Bachert

PS: It is like Spring. IoC could be done in Java itself. Why to deal
with this human unreadable XMLs?
  a java compiler is much more flexible and exact as a validation of a
xml (try the check a mispelling of an java class!)

PS2: Just to avoid the impression I am just negative. GWT is a great
thing, but surely improvable