First off, great job with getting 2.0 out the door!

I've been migrating some code to use the new 2.0 layout panels and,
for the most part, the transition has been smooth.  However, I'm
encountering one problem when using callbacks with the Facebook JS
client API.  There are a few cases where I do the following:

1) create a layout panel
2) call a JSNI method, passing in a java callback method
3) from JSNI, make a facebook API call, passing in an anonymous
function() callback
4) Facebook does its thing and calls the anonymous function() from 3
5) the anonymous function() calls back the java callback method in 2
6) the java callback makes some changes to the layout panel in 1

All of this worked with pre-2.0 panels, and it "mostly" works with 2.0
layout panels.  However, the changes made to the layout panel in step
6 are not repainted until there is a pointer or keyboard event.  As
soon as there is a keyboard or mouse event, the redraw takes place and
everything looks as it should.

I've confirmed that the callback is working as it should with
appropriate logging and debugging.  I've also confirmed that this
happens in both development and deployment modes.  The problem seems
to be isolated to repainting.

Any thoughts?  I briefly thought about kluding a solution by firing my
own keyboard or pointer event but that seems rather awful.  I really
don't know much about the new Layout machinery but I'm guessing that
it is, to some extent, event-driven and perhaps there is some conflict
between this machinery and the facebook API?

With thanks, Jonathan