Hey Jim,

Based on your comments in the bug report, it looks like the fact that your
app uses Swing is what causes the problem. In that case,
-XstartOnFirstThread should not be present. Unfortunately, due to the way
that the Web Application Launch Configurations work, there is no way to
disable this argument from being added automatically (on the Mac).

We're thinking of making some changes to the launch configurations in the
near future that will make this option configurable (along with others)
instead of fixed. For now, your best workaround would be to use a Java
launch configuration (as you've been doing).

Rajeev