Hi Miguel,

> Is the war directory at the root of your project?
yes

>If you look at your .project file does it have the web app nature?

Can you post what a .project file should look like?  Originally mine
was of web app nature but (please understand I never set it to be like
this -- others have the same problem) the Android plugin decided it
owns the world and tried to make my GWT-appengine project into an
Android one.

You can see how messed up this is...

If you don't have time, that's fine.  I can launch devmode as an
external program.  It'd be nice though to have it cleaned up so I
don't end up somehow getting confusing errors that nobody can track
down.

<projectDescription>
        <name>FluencyBuilderGAE</name>
        <comment></comment>
        <projects>
        </projects>
        <buildSpec>
                <buildCommand>

<name>org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ExternalToolBuilder</name>
                        <triggers>full,incremental,</triggers>
                        <arguments>
                                <dictionary>
                                        <key>LaunchConfigHandle</key>

<value>&lt;project&gt;/.externalToolBuilders/com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.ResourceManagerBuilder.launch</value>
                                </dictionary>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ExternalToolBuilder</name>
                        <triggers>full,incremental,</triggers>
                        <arguments>
                                <dictionary>
                                        <key>LaunchConfigHandle</key>

<value>&lt;project&gt;/.externalToolBuilders/com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.PreCompilerBuilder.launch</value>
                                </dictionary>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.enhancerbuilder</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.webAppProjectValidator</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.projectValidator</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.gwtProjectValidator</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>
                        <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>

<name>org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ExternalToolBuilder</name>
                        <triggers>full,incremental,</triggers>
                        <arguments>
                                <dictionary>
                                        <key>LaunchConfigHandle</key>

<value>&lt;project&gt;/.externalToolBuilders/com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.ApkBuilder.launch</value>
                                </dictionary>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
        </buildSpec>
        <natures>
                <nature>com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.AndroidNature</nature>
                <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
                <nature>com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.gaeNature</nature>
                <nature>com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.gwtNature</nature>
                <nature>com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.webAppNature</nature>
        </natures>
</projectDescription>