I'm not sure about him, but the license itself does not seem to make it
clear, but on their web site, they define a developer:

"Are on a per developer basis. Each person who directly or indirectly
creates an application or user interface containing Ext components is
considered a developer." ( http://www.extjs.com/products/license.php )

The "indirectly" part is odd because there are many apps where you can do
some configuration that generates something that will appear on a web page,
and if that web page uses Ext, it would imply that person is a developer,
though only by an odd definition that is not used anywhere else that I've
seen before.  Normally, a developer of a library would be the person who
actually writes the code that uses the interface/library directly.  So, if a
user creates a "new calendar" to share with others, and the calendar that an
actual developer created uses Ext, it could be suggested by that clause that
the user is somehow a developer (indirectly).  Same if it was a "greeting
card" or "social network site" etc.  If they even define a link that appears
then appears on a page with Ext widgets also on it, they'd be indirectly
developers by that broad definition.

It's odd, because the license itself reads normally and contains no such
overly broad definition of a developer.  And while you may be able to argue
it, and even win in a court because the license itself does not say it and
normally the license would rule as the reasonable definition of a developer
would not include such users, but who wants to fight a legal battle where
there are no winners besides lawyers and there are alternatives out there
that would not put your product/company at risk?

We were told by Ext that our application would likely consider all of its
users to be developers in their parlance because they are writing HTML code
via CKEditor (which has no such broad strokes), and since the page that
would show the HTML they developed might also contain at least 1 Ext widget
of some sort, then they'd auto-magically because Ext developers.  Go figure,
but it does preclude our use since we can't have every user of our system be
considered a developer as we'd have no way of knowing.  Even sys-admins
would configure items that would cause functionality to appear for users
with a given permission, and that would be shown on a page containing Ext,
so they'd now possibly be Ext developers, too.  While it sounds untenable to
me, lawsuits are expensive even if you win, so why bother?  That's my 2
cents anyway since our lawyers said to pick an alternative rather than be
have to worry about it.  Too bad since Ext is really pretty, and their
all-GWT GXT could be nice if in fact it's not too buggy as was also
suggested.