There have been problems with versions of JDK 1.6.0_X, where X is between
0-15, where breakpoints are not hit when debugging. However, it is odd that
your server breakpoints consistently work, but your client breakpoints do
not; in those cases where the JDK has been the source of the problem, the
breakpoints don't work at all (on either side).

What is the URL that you're pasting into your browser? Can you provide a
screenshot of what the development mode view looks like (I want to make sure
that there is an entry for the web browser)?

What happens if you set the breakpoint in the onModuleLoad() method within
your entry point?