On Feb 9, 4:26 am, Tatchan <tatcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Thanks for the tip. I guess it's the same as the -noserver & -
> startupUrl isn't it? Anyway, I got an external Apache HTTP server
> working.
> What I'm saying is that it would be lovely if we have an option to
> disable SOP with the built-in web server at least with the localhost
> in development mode. That might be easier for some one who have to
> work with external legacy services. Furthermore, I feel that debugging
> with the built-in web server is more reliable (e.g., changes in code
> are usually applied when refreshing the browser, break-points are
> usually hit :)

If you're talking about server-side code, then yes I agree. For client-
side code though, it works very well in -noserver mode.

You might want to use a "proxy servlet" eventually in the embedded
server to proxy requests to your external server:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3131