Thanks Zak, that's exactly what I meant by the "history way".  Because
I thought by deprecating Hyperlink.addClickHandler that was GWT's way
of saying, "if you use the Hyperlink class make sure to use history
tokens!"...  I'd like to know the actual reason it became deprecated?
Mainly because Anchor doesn't work for me.

These two ways of handling clicks give me different behavior:

Hyperlink link = new Hyperlink("text");
link.addClickHandler(...);
=NOT the same as:
Anchor link = new Anchor("text");