I haven't tried it recently, but JAXB generated classes should work.
Earlier, the GWT compiler choked on annotations. It now ignores these
annotations when it compiles java into js. You would need to keep the jaxb
jars in your compile classpath, but that should be all that you need to do.

Could you try compiling jaxb classes and let us know? If they fail, some
stack traces/error messages would help in debugging the problem.

--Sri