Vaadin is very suitable for many scenarios, if not most scenarios.

The problem is ...

For every web project I have ever built, there are about a few of the
pages of any project where I needed to do something different from the
normal presentation framework. Whatever the framework is.

When I needed to divert out of the vaadin framework I face obstacles
due to:
1. I need to reconstruct the vaadin look and feel to give a unified
look to my app.
2. My pages outside of the vaadin framework is unable to access
variables defined inside the framework unless I place them in memory
cache or session attributes.

It may be just one or two pages in every web app project, but those
one or two pages that I have to create outside the vaadin framework
are very crucial features required by the user. Since vaadin does not
have an API to let non-vaadin components communicate with the
framework, those two pages with crucial features effectively preclude
me from using vaadin. For the same reason, then, vaadin does not play
nice with non-vaadin components by not providing an avenue to
communicate/acquire state changes to non-vaadin components.