What is about Gadgets with Apache Shindig <http://shindig.apache.org/>?

You can also use GWT 2.0's code splitting feature. Compile one big app, but
split the resulting JavaScript code into different modules. You can then
load only the required ones into the browser. The only problem is, that you
have to recompile the whole big app each time code has changed.

Regards
Jan Ehrhardt