I've stepped through the code and there is no requirement to
unregister handlers explicitly. Each widget has a handler manager (as
member variable) that manages its handlers. If a widget is removed
from its parent or its parent explicitly clears it then the registered
handlers will get cleaned up by normal garbage collection.

This is not the case if you are using a global handler manager for say
an event bus. If handlers are added that are specific to a particular
presenter then the presenter needs to remove the handlers when it is
destroyed. I implemented a Place Manager that takes care of all of
this automatically along with history support.