sure ... just read README.txt (http://code.google.com/p/raphaelgwt/
source/browse/trunk/samples/MyCircle/README.txt)

without eclipse it is just one command: ant devmode which runs the
sample in development mode (ou, the zero step is to set up correctly
GWTPATH environment variable to your GWT libraries).

You can inspire from the sample project in order to create new one.

Peter