Ah yes! Except that I want to be able to get persistent things onto my
client side without too much conversion or trouble (i.e. the same
objects client-and-server-side using the same language, and the same
class definitions).

What are my full range of options for this, anyway?
And which is the best one for the purposes I've mentioned?