Wow, thanks José and David!

I'm new to "tools" so I'm a bit nervous about using them (although I
probably shouldn't be) whereas db4o offers straightforward code for
persisting objects. Are there any disadvantages to using db4o instead
of ORM with tools? db4o seems intuitavely the best option for me right
now, but could I be wrong? I thank David for bringing it to my
attention, it looks VERY interesting, and under active development,
although the queries are currently reportedly slow, but when that is
fixed, is there a reason why it shouldn't supercede RD and ORD for new
projects?