I have a question about the use of the Uibinder with regard to the
simple binding of event handlers.

>From the examples in the - >>Developer's Guide - Event Handlers -
section, it’s written:

“Using anonymous inner classes as in the above example can use
excessive memory for a large number of widgets, since it results in
the creation of many handler objects. Instead of creating separate
instances of the ClickHandler object for each widget that needs to be
listened to, a single handler can be shared between many widgets.
Widgets declare themselves as the source of an event when they invoke
a handler method, allowing a single handler to distinguish between
multiple event publishers with an event object's getSource() method.
This makes better use of memory but requires slightly more code, as
shown in the following example:”

And then ... from the examples given in the -
>>Declarative Layout with UiBinder >>Simple binding of event handlers
section, it’s written:

“In a UiBinder owner class, you can use the @UiHandler annotation to
have all of that anonymous class nonsense written for you.”

Does this mean that when I use the Uibinder approach in GWT 2.0 that
the excessive memory for a large number of widgets is now the result
of this implementation?  Or is this drawback taken care of by the code
generated by the GWT compiler?  Or is there another way of coding the
UiBinder and @UiHandler for these cases where a user-interface has
many widgets ... say like many text input boxes?

Or perhaps, I'm wondering, with the speed of processors today, that
this trade off for easy coding and readability offsets the slight loss
in performance?  Is this the idea behind using UiBinders in this
manner?

Jim

P.S.  this GWT 2.0 is really cool stuff.  Thank-you for all the great
work done on it.