Hi

I'm trying to build some kind of user login:

Password & username form -> submit send RPC request to server. Server
checks password and stores username in session.

Then I have a timebased call, that checks the server (via RPC ->
method is called isLoggedIn()) if the user is logged in. If not, Gui
is going to be blocked and login form will be displayed.

Part of my isLoggedIn method looks like this:
HttpServletRequest req = getThreadLocalRequest();
getThreadLocalRequest().getSession(false);

getThreadLocalRequest() returns null. Google told me that this was
because of the way GWT is implementing Servlets (Front Controller
pattern). I though could not find the correct way of doing it. Help
would be nice.