This is where I am rather confused. As when i move it to
a package which isn't named in the .gwt.xml file I receive
an error of "cannot be resolved to a type". Which is fair enough,
as I assumed everything in the .gwt.xml was putting the classes
in 'view' of everything in the application? Or perhaps I'm very
muddled up!

Sorry for the continued annoyance! I very much apologise.

Malcolm