Hi Thomas,

didn't you propose exactly this method which is referenced in the
document I referred to?

http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_frm/thread/2b2ce0b6aaa82461/088048aa1040a5ee?lnk=gst&q=login+form#088048aa1040a5ee

On 30 Aug., 10:48, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...which violates rule #3: do not move the form around

Which rule do you mean?

> See above, the problem is moving the FormPanel around (adding it to a
> VerticalPanel in this case).

I don't understand that, because the VerticalPanel is also used in the
example, and this seems to work:

http://borglin.net/gwt-project/?page_id=467

> (but believe me, you'd rather externalize the login process from your
> app, just like Google apps –as you're using GMail, you should
> understand what I mean–, it makes things so much simpler!)

What exactly would get simpler? If the login/logout mechanism works,
everything is fine, isn't it?

On the other hand, the group application we are posting in looks the
same, if you are logged in or not. It seems nicely integrated in the
whole app.

> But let me reiterate: your life will be easier if you externalize the
> login process from your app.

I believe that you are right and I really would like to adhere your
advice, but I need a small working example that shows how control flow
is passed between login page and app and vice versa. It would be great
if you could give me such an example.

Magnus