Hi Benjamin,
Thanks for you interest in GWT Validation.
I am excited to work on it, but it is my 20% project not my normal
project, so the progress on this will be slow at times.

The first thing to remember is that this is PRE ALPHA code.  While it
will do constraint checking on the client side right now,  There are
so many constraints that make it basically unusable.

See
https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+yAUzf_-lA/~/conv+root/b+59joSgy6A

On Oct 20, 1:26 pm, Benjamin Papez <jahia.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw the recent ongoing work on "GWT validation"
> (http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/863801). I am currently in the
> process of evaluating how to best implement validations into our CMS
> product (http://www.jahia.org) as we offer content editing via GWT
> panels. The only problem is that we do not really have beans, but as
> the product is based on JCR, we have JCR nodes, which can be asked for
> properties with getProperty("propertyName").
>
> 1.) Do you perhaps know if the "GWT validation" will solely be based
> on Java Beans or will it also be possible to define the validations in
> an XML file, where the beans / properties are not necessarily
> JavaBeans, but can be JCR nodes and properties ? In previous versions
> I used commons-validator and DynaBean interface to wrap around our JCR
> nodes and act as a bean, but I guess that hibernate validator and GWT
> validation needs real bean classes.
I am doing my best to implement JSR-303 bean validation.  Which is
based on beans, but it does have a way of expressing constraints in
XML.  I am a long way from being able to support that in GWT.  so for
now wrapping you JCR may be the best choice.

> 2.) We are using GWT 2.0.4, can your work also be used with this
> version or do we need to wait and upgrade to a future version ?
I suppose you could try to pull out the parts from head and use it.

With the current state I would wait.  Unless you want to help be get
checkout GWT from svn HEAD and help me make it work.
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html

R,
Nick