Hi feuse8,

A common approach to solve the cross-domain RPC problem is to use a
proxy servlet. See

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/how_to_do_cross_domain

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4817

HTH,
/dmc

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM, feuse8 <feu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently developing a GWT App that uses Rest Webservices from a
> Spring Server (3.0.4). The services are being secured with Spring
> Security (3.0.0), what means that you have to log in on the server.
> This should be done from within the GWT App. My first approach was to
> send a request containing the login data. This only works if both
> parts of the app are deployed on the same server.
>
> What I would like to do is to separate the Spring and the GWT parts
> and maybe deploy them on different servers. So I would need a solution
> that doesn't get in conflict with the SOP. My first approach was
> unfortunately I wasn't able to close the iFrame after successfully
> logging in. (The iframe should kind of overlay the whole application
> and disable it until the user has been logged in again). So there
> would have to be another solution. I would prefer to setup a GWT-
> loginform that allows me to log in at the server.
>
> Does anybody have an idea or hint how I could manage this without the
> SOP?
>
> Thanks for your help.

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/