Hi,

I'm currently developing a GWT App that uses Rest Webservices from a
Spring Server (3.0.4). The services are being secured with Spring
Security (3.0.0), what means that you have to log in on the server.
This should be done from within the GWT App. My first approach was to
send a request containing the login data. This only works if both
parts of the app are deployed on the same server.

What I would like to do is to separate the Spring and the GWT parts
and maybe deploy them on different servers. So I would need a solution
that doesn't get in conflict with the SOP. My first approach was
unfortunately I wasn't able to close the iFrame after successfully
logging in. (The iframe should kind of overlay the whole application
and disable it until the user has been logged in again). So there
would have to be another solution. I would prefer to setup a GWT-
loginform that allows me to log in at the server.

Does anybody have an idea or hint how I could manage this without the
SOP?

Thanks for your help.