David,

Thanks for your reply. So the RequestFactory calls persist on my
server-entity, because I call "persist" on the Request-object. In this
case though, I don't understand why RequestFactory transmits the whole
object-graph and what happens to it on the server?
Can you elaborate on how I could implement the children's update in
the parent entity's persist method?

Thanks,
Tobias