Hi,

from my understanding so far, the CompositeEditor is only useful if
you want to have a variable number of instances of the same editor,
usually for a list of objects. Look at the example in the docs, there
is a WorkgroupEditor implementing CompositeEditor, which has n
PersonEditors.
For splitting up the editor for a large object, the Editor
documentation actually mentions how to do that in the very last
section:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiEditors.html#Very_large_objects
Hope it helps!

Regards,