When using maven in eclipse, it is better to let maven to produce the
eclipse stuff instead of webAppCreator using the undocumented option
-XnoEclipse, and use the google eclipse plugin to launch the app in
dev mode:

1.-  webAppCreator -noant -maven -XnoEclipse com.example.MyApp
2.- You can use eitehr:
    - If you have m2eclipse plugin already installed in eclipse,
import the project as a maven project
    - Otherwise, execute mvn eclipse:eclipse and import it as a
existing eclipse project
3.- Install google plugin for eclipse, and mark the checkbox
    Project -> Google -> Web Toolkit -> 'Use Google Web Toolkit'.
4.- Then configure the project's war folder
    Project -> Google -> Web Application -> This project has a war
folder -> src/main/webapp
    unmark 'Launch an deploy from this directory', and the first time
you launch it, select target/www

Cheers
- Manolo