There are two reasons for this, actually:

1. The MVP tutorials were written months before Activities and Places
became available in GWT 2.1.0.
2. The concepts are somewhat orthogonal, that is, Activity != Presenter.

I think some of the reason for the confusion around Activity vs.
Presenter has been that the community has different definitions of
what is a presenter. In the first version of the gwt-presenter
framework (and perhaps Ray Ryan's MVP talk at I/O '09--I'd have to go
back and listen to be sure), a presenter was associated with a place,
and this is the way many continue to think about presenters. Others
take the more narrow view that it's just the biz logic behind a view
or widget and is not tied to the concept of a place at all. In the
latter concept, an Activity might load a view which consists of
multiple sub-views or widgets, each backed by a presenter. Only the
Activity itself is mapped to a Place.

HTH,
/dmc

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:03 AM, cri <chuck.irvine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used the articles "Large scale application development and MVP" I
> and II to model our MVP application. I notice that these tutorials
> don't use either of the "Place" or "Activity" classes made available
> by GWT. I'm wondering why this is. Does anyone know? Thanks

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/