I am using GWT 2.1 MVP in my project.

I have identified 4 display regions (North, West, East, Center),
each managed by a corresponding Activity Manager.

Each display region also has a corresponding ActivityMapper that maps
a place to the appropriate activity.
when I don't need a region, I just return null in the Activity Mapper
for that region, and the display region is removed, as expected.

However, in some cases where I have for example West, Center and East
display regions,
when navigating to a new place, I want to West and East display
regions (activities) to remain as they are,
and only the Center display region get updated with new data as a
result of navigating to a new place.

What currently happens is that West and East regions are called as
well, resulting in unnecessary calls to fetch data. I want to avoid
this.

For example I would want the List of Items in the West region, to
remain as they are, and selection of an item, triggers navigation to a
new place, causing Center Region to display details of the selected
item.
with my current implementation, in addition to Center Region, West
Region is also refreshed, causing the List of Items get loaded,
despite the data being the same.

Could you please provide some pointers on how I can update "only one"
display region upon navigation, while keeping other display regions as
they are ?