>>That's the exact use case for FilteredActivityMapper and
>>CachingActivityMapper (and how they're used AFAICT in "scaffold"
>>applications generated by String Roo for the "master" activities).

what about situations where a display region is master in some cases
(requiring to be cached), and
detail in other cases ?

for example, when we have West, Center, and East Regions,
Center region can act as Detail for West Region in some use cases,
but in other use cases, be used as Master for East Region.

what happens if we use CachingActivityMapper for ALL of our
ActivityMappers ?
would there be a performance problem, what are the implications,
benefits or drawbacks ?