I like to know how others gzip their gwt output files
I think you have the following options:
1) Let the webserver (in my case apache) zip all gwt files by using
mod_deflate (or mod_gzip) , just before they are send.
2) Gzip them yourself during the build and set the correct headers in
your webserver config (through mod_headers).

Option 1) is easy.
Option 2) might give some advantage, because you only have to gzip all
files once, but costs some extra work after gwt compilation and Header
configuraiton in you webserver.

Sooo, is it worth going for option 2) ?