On Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:05:39 AM UTC+1, coelho wrote:

>  According to Thomas Broyer

> The first thing to do is to declare a servlet mapping for the
> RequestFactoryServlet at path /gwtRequest (this is the default, it can be
> changed). That's all you have to do on the server side.
>
> but every code example I've seen is mapping differently
>
> so what the hell  has to be done with that ?

Just what I said ;-)

dynatablerf sample id going (I don't know if the filter is related to the
> Request Factory )
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.
> RequestFactoryServlet</servlet-class>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>symbolMapsDirectory</param-name>
>       <!-- You'll need to compile with -extras and move the symbolMaps
> directory
>            to this location if you want stack trace deobfuscation to work
> -->
>       <param-value>WEB-INF/classes/symbolMaps/</param-value>
>     </init-param>

This init-param is only needed if you use the RequestFactoryLogHandler "if
you want stack trace deobfuscation to work".

  </servlet>

>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>

So, this is "a servlet mapping for the RequestFactoryServlet at path
/gwtRequest".

  <filter>
>     <filter-name>TransactionContext</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>com.google.gwt.sample.dynatablerf.server.
> SchoolCalendarService</filter-class>
>   </filter>
>
>   <filter-mapping>
>     <filter-name>TransactionContext</filter-name>
>     <url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
>   </filter-mapping>

This is an application-specific servlet-filter (in this case to initialize
and, AFAICT, properly manage the backing store wrt. concurrent access).

> expense GOES
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.
> RequestFactoryServlet</servlet-class>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>

 So, this is "a servlet mapping for the RequestFactoryServlet at path
/gwtRequest".

  <filter>
>     <description>
>       This filter demonstrates making GAE authentication
>       services visible to a RequestFactory client.
>     </description>
>     <filter-name>GaeAuthFilter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>com.google.gwt.sample.gaerequest.server.
> GaeAuthFilter</filter-class>
>   </filter>
>   <filter-mapping>
>     <filter-name>GaeAuthFilter</filter-name>
>     <url-pattern>/gwtRequest/*</url-pattern>
>   </filter-mapping>

As the filter description says...

> HelloMVP with activities-places-testing
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.
> RequestFactoryServlet</servlet-class>
> <init-param>
>      <param-name>userInfoClass</param-name>
>      <param-value>com.hellomvp.server.UserSessionInfo</param-value>
>   </init-param>
> </servlet>
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>/helloMVP/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>

This is GWT 2.1.0, not GWT 2.1.1. 2.1.0 had partial support for
authentication and user info, which has been removed in 2.1.1 in favor of
another approach (see the Expenses sample and issue
5564<http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5564>
)

> My own mapping : generating HTTP 503 error
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>appRf</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>metro.test.arch232.client.AppRF</servlet-class>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>appRf</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>

If you have a 503, you must have some information as to why the webapp
couldn't be deployed. What's your AppRF looking like? (hmm, *.client.AppRF?
really?)