@Bill Morrisson

What hakito says is correct and a perfectly valid approach, but;

What platform will your server be deployed to? If its windows, you can just change the port from the default of 8080 to 80 (unless, of course you *must* also run apache.)

If its linux, you can use jsvc (part of the tomcat distribution). This allows you to bind to port 80 and then run as a non-privileged user (eg 'tomcat') and I've used it very successfully on several sites. Saves a lot of messing about and performance issues with mod_jk etc. However, this only works if tomcat is the sole user of port 80 (and 443, if you need SSL)

Regards

Alan