Yeah that were just typos while "removing details" from my code ...
BUT

I got it working. Not completely satisfying though, but a first
step :)
I can compile and run both modules when I change the following in
Child2.gwt.xml:
the path: <source path='client.child2'></source>
to: <source path='client'></source>

If I do that I can compile and run and it works fine, but I produce a
lot more js-code than necessary. Maybe you have one last idea why it's
not working?

Thanks you so much for helping me!
Tom