Works for me in JEE envirnoment. Provide a locator, that makes a JNDI Lookup
to get an EJB Session Bean.
The bean can be implemented in a generic fassion, you only need to write a
single Locator.
That EJB must open a Transaction (with EJB3, the bean by Default creates
one). Your data will be written to the Database.
Question is, how efficient this will be, if RequestFactory calls the Bean
too often...

Sidenote: the problem I have is, that jee role-based security does not work
with the generic locator (see my other post)