Interesting that you work with an architecture similar to mine.

What you are doing is exactly what I do, in my Locator's find I call and
EJB's method (the EJB was previously found with a JNDI lookup) that
correctly find the JPA Entity.

The problem for me is that the returned entity is detached and from the find
all the RequestFactory framework works on that instance. All is done, but it
will never written back to the database.

Where this happen in your setup ??

Thank you.

PS: I solved with a ServiceLocator, but I feel is not the right
architecture.