I've already got a generator <https://github.com/niloc132/celltable-tools>that
builds FieldUpdater instances (as well as Column instances, complete
with getValue calls), so it is just a matter of extending it a little
further to make this PendingChange-like thing.

And, of course, to either stop HasDataEditor from implementing
LeafValueEditor, or patch my own copy of GWT. Patching isn't ideal, as it
would prevent others from using this library I'm trying to make, but it
would be a decent stopgap measure.

Any suggestions on how to squeak a little louder to get that bug greased? Or
can a Googler comment on the status of the issue?