Possibly not as simple as you wanted, but you can do something like this:
(1) Create base class com.foo.ThemeInfo and subclasses ThemeInfoOne and
ThemeInfoTwo
(2) Add this to your gwt.xml:
<replace-with class="com.foo.ThemeInfoOne">
<when-type-is class="com.foo.ThemeInfo"/>
<when-property-is name="theme" value="theme1"/>
</replace-with>

<replace-with class="com.foo.ThemeInfoTwo">
<when-type-is class="com.foo.ThemeInfo"/>
<when-property-is name="theme" value="theme2"/>
</replace-with>

(3) In your client-side code:
  ThemeInfo info = GWT.create(ThemeInfo.class);

and you'll get an instance of ThemeInfoOne when using theme1 and ThemeInfoTwo
when using theme2 and an instance of the ThemeInfo base class otherwise

This should let you do what you want, and also move the "if using theme#1" test
to compile time.

HTH
Paul