Hi,

I am scratching my head with the same issue. (Haven't decided what to do
yet.)

Just want to learn what you have done.
So your servlet will route regular URL (pretty one) to your GWT app, and the
escaped one to some static page? (Are you using HtmlUnit?)
I have a question on the "static page": can I change the title to be more
specific to the content (e.g. some search result)? But would that be
considered bad because user would not see it in the real application?

Wish you can figure it all out!

-maq