> What leads you to believe it is Java / closure?

Grmpf !  I meant pure JavaScript not Java !  I hope that the rest of the
sentence helped you to auto-correct...  ;-)

Having a look at the web page sources and inspecting the DOM contents
quickly rules out GWT, at least as a core framework (probably too much
inlined JS, unfamiliar iframe IDs, odd inlined JSON, etc.).
Closure was just an educated guess based upon the well known affinity of
Google (you bet) for this compiler / framework, and the blogosphere & co
quickly flourished with similar suspicions towards this (and now we have
"official statements" such as the one Thomas pointed out).
Looking at element IDs also seemed to rule out GWT as a "component
generator", although this could be an artifact of closure.

Best regards,
     Yannis