Hello,
gwt-servlet.jar contains server-side RPC classes, and must be changed
whenever you change client side implementation.
If you don't you'll likely get "Incompatible remote service"
exceptions.

Up to 2.3 the plugin did not give any warning, now it does and it's
one of the most useful features in my opinion.

To keep things working simply delete gwt-servlet.jar from your lib
directory and replace it with the one from the 2.4 sdk (you can search
for it in the Eclipse plugins directory if you did the update via
Eclipse).
Then clean your project and gwt-compile before you start using
devmode.

I hope this will be automated by future plugin versions.

Regards
Lorenzo