I also agree, but I don't think google is responsable for improving the user
framework on gwt.
It is great that they put together uibinder, gwt-rpc, the editors framework
and other goodies, but its your choice to use them or not.

I am personally happy with a strong gwt core, and that just keep getting
better with each release.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 8:32 PM, camerojo <jadcpub-goo...@yahoo.com.au>wrote:

> I also agree - I hope the Google folk look at this.
>
> GWT is a wonderful concept, and we should all be very grateful for it,
> but some of the implementation is certainly over engineered.
>
> In particular I wish that more focus was given to fixing basic bugs
> (of which there are quite a few) rather than coming up with new high
> level architectural concepts.
>
> Of course all developers would prefer to be playing around with new
> concepts rather than fixing bugs in existing code, but production
> software demands that basic debugging must always take priority.

Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.

http://code.google.com/p/guit/