One more thing to worry about is cross browser compatibility with JSF.
At my work we have two large projects, one in GWT and the other in
JSF. With the JSF project we are forcing ie9+ to use 1e8 compatibility
mode as it is very complex to upgrade the JSF code we have to the new
JSF frameworks. With the GWT one, it took us 2 days to convert the
project (mainly GWT & GXT version upgrades, minor CSS fixes, etc.) to
support ie9.