ok, thx thomas it begins to become clearer,

my code attached don't use scheduler, thats right. meanwhile (thx to you
thomas) i played with Scheduler and Timer. The current code looks like:
"
public void start() {

        Timer timer = new Timer() {

            @Override
            public void run() {
                if (ttReady && auReady) {
                    continueStart();
                    this.cancel();
                }
                      else {
                          System.out.println("waiting: " + ttReady + " " +
auReady);

        };

        timer.scheduleRepeating(1000);

    }
"
but the feeling about this code is not better than the feeling with my
infinite loop. i think the problem is, that i don't really understand the
backgrounds - especially the scheduler. could you please show me some
sample code for my special problem (how should start() look like?) or give
some reference to docs explaining the scheduler/the model behind it?