The documentation on GWT wrt SOAP states that we should use
RequestBuilder to make the call and process the XML that is returned.
However, Apache CXF's SOAP framework (and others) will generate Java
client proxies for us.  Is there some way to use these within GWT?
Has anyone done this so as to avoid writing a ton of XML processing
code?

I ask because my company is building a commercial enterprise webapp
and we are considering GWT for the UI.  However, we also need to
provide a web services API to our backend.  Because our application is
mostly about running various operations on complex, cyclic object
graphs, we are inclined to go with SOAP instead of REST.