When using Activities and Places, you don't get rid of the notion of
presenters. In fact, I often pass presenters to my activities, which
can of course have nested presenters. IMO, activities and places
mostly applies to pages and page flow (and encapsulating page specific
application data and mapping that easily to url tokens).

For handling multiple regions of the page, all you need to do is
instantiate multiple ActivityManager instances and set their display
properties to the page region (ActivityManager#setDisplay() registers
the manager as a PlaceChangeEvent handler on the given event bus).

Jesse